Google

Moving Forward

I know plenty of people whose spouses have had affairs and their marriages have split. Sometimes legally, ending up in a divorce. Sometimes they just choose to stay apart, away from each other or continue to live separately, under one roof.
My friend Mythili is one such case. After 8 years of separation, and being single, she says she is still emotionally battered. I’ve always wondered why? Is her hurt self-inflicted? Why isn’t she in control of her emotional state, and responsible for her feelings?

Rational thinking can change a person’s thought process and consequently her emotional state, over a period of time. I agree, that divorce is definitely devastating, but what happens after a divorce? Do people let go? Or do they choose to hang on to the negatives, feeling sorry for themselves or their state? Isn’t it a person’s responsibility to move on in life? Is it more important to hold on to the grudges or learn from life’s experiences? Does the divorce leave them wiser or even happier? I know it’s probably different when a person goes through a divorce, compared to my thinking aloud. But at the same time, I do wonder why people remain emotional cripples several years down the line? It is important to think honestly and objectively. Moreover, I feel it is important for a person to take responsibility for her feelings. Any thoughts, on the matter? Would love to hear..

- Anamika

No comments:

Google