Google

Too Busy to Notice

Of late I've found myself annoyed by how busy my friends seem. Putting aside the possibility that they are avoiding me, some are always on-the-go that they barely have time to tell me they do not have time to talk. Every phone call, no matter how short, seems to be interrupted by several others.

I consider my life to be somewhat filled and fulfilling. I have a husband and two children, work part time, exercise several times a week (well, usually) and socialize regularly. I also have time to read novels, catch a movie or play once in a while and have the occasional long lunch with a friend ( should I be embarrasses admitting this?)

In our busy, busy world, however, I sometimes feel as if I am the odd one out. Although those who are overworked and overwhelmed complain ceaselessly, often sounding boastful! I have realized that "busyness" differs from person to person. Every person has a different threshold. One of my friends finds one social engagement too much, whereas others love to party, party and party! Some may even trade in a little stress in stead of boredom, if they were doing something they enjoyed!

I know there are people who need to work for a living, who must work long hours in order to survive. But I am talking about those who love the self-imposed frenetic pace! I see it as unnecessary, but that's my personal opinion.

Frankly, if you ask me, too many people today are too busy to even notice that they are busy. By the time they realize, life has invariably passed them by. So, isn't it important to wake up to what exactly we are busy with? In stead of racing through life, going no where, shouldn't we start investing in relationships, things we love to do and find time for the people we love to meet?

- Alina

No comments:

Google